Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Right Idea + Rearranged - July 30 - Tilburg

Finally the day was there, almost a year after putting up my first hardcore show with The Effort and Teenage Lust, the time was right for number 2. Despite Incarnation cancelling it was a nice show after all.

Right Idea was already hanging out at the venue when I arrived so I quickly brought the food in I made for them and Rearranged and took the time to catch up with Robert Refuse Records.

The first time I met Robert was when I was driving Reaching Forward all over Europe. Robert released a Reaching Forward tape and got the band a show in Warsaw. He also accompanied us on some shows of that tour. Got us out of the hands of some corrupted cops and was one of the many in the van who suffered from food poisoning. The last time I met Robert was in 2002 so we had some catching up to do.

I also talked a bit with Nate from Right Idea about their tour so far and then the van full of Russian and Ukranian guys pulled up the curb. Rearrange had arrived and it was time to set up gear and do some soundchecking.

Eventually people from Birds x Of A Feather, Johnny Forward and more old and new hardcorekids showed up at the venue. Right in time to see Rearranged play a long but solid set of Uniform Choice, Dag Nasty inspired hardcore. I always love seeing a band on stage who got something to say. Vic from Rearranged was no let down on that part. I quickly picked up the band's new record 'New Forms'. I personally think the limited summer tour sleeve is better than the original artwork.



After our set (which went pretty okay considering State Of Affairs once again didn't practice for months) it was time for Right Idea to give Tilburg the Right Idea. These Cleveland guys played a solid set including songs from the 'Our World' record and the new 7" which I picked up as well.





The guys from Right Idea slept at the Shield house and the next morning my whole family got on the bike, went over to the Shield house and together with Jelle we bought them some breakfast and other stuff before they left for the next show in Belgium.

Though I met many bands throughout my years and heard a lot more stories about bands I can truly say I never encountered such a well mannered band as Right Idea. Before leaving they did the dishes, checked if everything was tidy. That band truly has the right idea.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails