Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Have Heart or not?


One of the most anticipated hardcorerecords to come out this year has lead to mixed reviews all over:

The Lovers

Scenepointblank states it's the bands best recording to date and Poison Free calls the songwriting exceptional.

The Haters

But there are also some 'haters' out there for instance Lords of Metal who 'miss' something and Lambgoat truly burning down the record with words like 'I don't buy this transformation' and 'It feels forced in every way'.

Who's right?

So who's right? Is this record the follow up you expected or did the band turn you down as well? As I stated before when interviewing the band, I also was kind of disappointed at first but when the record has been given enough time to sink in it actually does... A LOT. Fact I think it's better than 'Things We Carry' in many ways. With so much progression I wonder what their next record will be like.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

This record is amazing man, the last song "the same sun" is incredible, really profound lyrics. It took some time to wear on me too but i think it easily rivals "the things we carry"

xroldx said...

Yeah, I think what most people do is compare it to much with Things We Carry. Unlike other hardcorebands Have Heart didn't set out to make the same record, so it's hard to compare the two.

Related Posts with Thumbnails