Monday, November 22, 2010

Touche Amore + Midnight Souls - November 18th - Tilburg

Another hardcoreshow that proved me there's still hope for hardcore in The Netherlands.

Rebuild, formerly known as Set It Off, opened up with their mix of Verse-like hardcore and more screaming parts. The band wasn't really tight but did their best.


Midnight Souls; I have seen them a lot of times this year and everytime their performance is good and different from the show before. Singer Donny spend most of his time off stage, stirring up the audience. The band played yet another energetic set. This in combination with the fact that all bandmembers seem to be nice guys, makes Midnight Souls one of my favourite new bands of 2010.


Germany's Lighthouse were up next. The very ugly merch of this band didn't set my expectations on a high level and after a song or two I was already bored. I don't really like bands who pretend to have a whole artistic thing going on. Just play good music or go home and make a painting.


Touche Amore
is one of the most talked about bands around. I love their debutrecord and was curious to see how the band would do on stage. Tilburg isn't the place to play for hot and happening bands I thought, well I was wrong. There were a lot of kids at the show and they rushed the stage to singalong with songs like 'History Reshits Itself'. The band played a great set and singer Jeremy Bohm seemed to be really happy about being in Europe and playing great shows. The night ended with 'Honest Sleep' and on last assault on the stage, massive singalongs and all around chaos.



There is still hope for hardcore in The Netherlands.

All pics by Anne Kohler. See more here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails