Friday, September 24, 2010

Youth Of Today - September 19th - Den Bosch

Youth Of Today in 2010. I can't compare this show to the one they gave in Den Bosch in 1989. I didn't start going to 'bigger' hardcoreshows till '96. One of the first ones was in fact Shelter in the W2 in Den Bosch.

Since it was a sundaymatinee lots of people who told me they were going eventually cancelled, leaving Johan Reflections, my wife and me to hop in the Reflections van, drive to Den Bosch, unload the distro, set-up shop and go upfront to see This Routine Is Hell playing a tight set with lots of songs from 'The Verve Crusade'. It still beats me why everyone is all hyped on Ceremony and Trash Talk whereas this Dutch band has equally great songs but don't get that much attention.



Next up was the fastest raging Dutch hardcorepunk band around: Citizens Patrol. This band is everything you want in hardcore. They're as good as Dead Stop. Check them out. (To be honest I only caught a short glimpse of their set since I was behind the Reflections distro talking people into buying records. This also goes for the Spermbids. Though what I could hear from others these legendary Germans did a great job.)



Time for Youth Of Today to show they're still as vital as 20 years ago. Somehow I liked this set more than the one I saw in 2004. I was upfront and had fun singinalong to classics like 'Can't Close My Eyes', 'No More', 'Break Down The Walls', 'Disengage' etc.

Sammy ofcourse did a great job behind the drums. Porcell seemed to be enjoying himself and Ray entertained the audience with anecdotes from the past as well as his signature jumps. All in all a good show.




That's me upfront and singingalong.

All pics by Nous Davidse. See way more here.

3 comments:

Johan said...

Was een coole show. Wat je ook van reunie optredens mag denken. Ik had het, mede door goed gezelschap, prima naar m'n zin!

frankie deny said...

Misschien had ik toch maar mee moeten gaan... maar ja das achteraf gelul!

xroldx said...

Je hebt een ouderwetse zondagmiddag hc show in de W2 gemist. Volgende keer beter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails