Wednesday, August 11, 2010

After The Fall - Collar City - 7"


It's amazing what Shield Recordings has accomplished ever since their first release (which was an ep from my old band Heartfelt). Not only have they managed to release some of the best more recent records by Dutch bands as The Real Danger, Said and Done and Smash The Statues, they also worked with bands from Slovenia (In-Sane), Sweden (Atlas Losing Grip) and the United States (The Fake Boys).

Having grown so much these past 5 years doesn't seem to slow labelowners Gert and Fieke down. Besides putting together an European tour for The Fake Boys in October (they still need help on some dates), releases for Antillectual and After The Fall are already scheduled as well.

New York's After The Fall is the latest addition on the Shield roster. The band already gained quite some popularity with their 'Fort Orange'lp. This October a new full length entitled 'Eradication' will be released.

To tease fans of aggressive punkrock a bit Shield Recordings recently put out the 'Collar City' 7" containing three of the fastest and most furious punkrock songs I've heard in quite some time.

Titletrack 'Collar City' is all about working hard to get your band going just to give it all up after a while to lead a normal life.

'Coaster' seems to be all about NoFX not being the band they used to be (just check the lyrics: I was that kid who used to buy your records on the day that they came out. And I went to every show I could. I used to care but things have changed. I'm not the only one who feels this way, this shit is played out and really fucking lame. I still remember the first time hearing The Decline. I even placed some bids and won your first seveninch, the pmrc can suck on this (but I sold it). I just want to let you know that I'm giving up , and it's about time you do the same.)

The last song 'Comatose' is a personal song about expectations and love.

As said earlier this 7" is aggressive and hard. Don Fury did a good job getting an in your face sound for this band that soundwise kind be described as Propaghandi without the trashmetal, or a less melodic version of New Mexican Disaster Squad.

As a teaser for the upcoming full length 'Collar City' sure does its job. I for one am really curious how the new record, recorded by Jay Maas and featuring guest vocals from that guy from Make Do And Mend, will sound.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails