Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bane in Brooklyn



My wife went to visit New York a couple of weeks ago. On twitter I read Bane, Strike Anywhere and Touche Amore were playing the Knitting Factory in Brooklyn. Since that is a line-up I would love to see, I contacted her and she went. She got me some nice Bane-shirts and 7" and some stuff from Touche Amore.

Bane, they might just be one of the best bands around right now. I was really into their first stuff, but kind of lost my interest around 'Give Blood'. That's also why I didn't pick up 'The Note' untill years after it's release. Since then I'm totally into the band again.

The combination of simple, heartfelt lyrics with some of the best tunes out there plus having something to say on stage make Bane one of the few bands that will stand the test of time.

My friend Jammi York made some pics during the show in Brooklyn:






1 comment:

Unknown said...

had je vrouw dan ook even een review laten schrijven ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails