Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Easter 2010: Three shows in four days


Ten years ago it wouldn't be special going to multiple shows in a week. At this stage of my life however it is special enough to write about it.

After cleaning the house and the car on friday I drove to Merksplas, Belgium for a show together with A Strength Within and This Routine Is Hell. The drive there was really nice. Because Merksplas is right across the border I was able to avoid the dull highway and drove through small villages and stuff.

The show was well organised and a good amount of people came up to see us play one of our worst shows so far. Probably because bassplayer Marijn thought it a good idea to get tattooed on his elbow just hours before the show. And that might be the reason he didn't hit all the right chords. Despite all that people seemed to be into our set. Which left me pretty exhausted to be honest. Since things were already behind schedule I decided to skip the other bands and head home cause with kids you just knew that it will be an early morning. I heard This Routine Is Hell brought the house down. And I can't wait to see them play on May 7.

Saturday: no show

And then it was sundayevening. Time to get off the couch and head to the Little Devil venue. Gert and Fieke of Shield Recordings had been on the road with The Fake Boys and The Real Danger the past weeks and it was nice hearing about the tour which came to an end in Tilburg.

The Fake Boys played a decent set, somehow reminding me of Serpico. And I wish I could tell you more about The Real Danger (other than that their new record kicks ass and I bought a shirt) but I can't since I left before they started to play. (Don't blame me but a bunch of Americans who heard there was a coffeeshop close to the venue so they got back late).

However there is footage of the show wherein The Real Danger does a Misfits cover:

Frank Turner had the honour to close the list of shows on monday. And he did a great job. The band was having fun on stage. They interacted with the crowd. Turner said some funny and some serious things. He played all the 'hits'. He's just one of the newer bands I really like. It's great that his liveshows are even better than his records. Because where his records have their dull moments, live there is enough going on to keep your attention. I also picked up his 'First three years' record.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails