Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Teenage Lust - There Is A Light That Does Go Out

Belgian band Teenage Lust announced that they're on an indefinite hiatus as for now. In normal words: they're breaking up.
Though this news will not hit as hard as that of another Belgian band breaking up I'm still sad to see Teenage Lust go.

I wasn't around during the first youth crew wave or the rise of communist European hardcore. Though I witnessed the rise and fall of the second (or third) wave of youth crew with bands like Mainstrike, Atari, Floorpunch and Reaching Forward to me the most interesting moment in hardcore happened right after that. Bands like American Nightmare, Panic and Count Me Out were a great inspiration to me. And Teenage Lust was one of the few existing bands able to pull of that same style without going for the more slower Unbroken-esque attitude.

Besides being a good band, the guys in Teenage Lust were so nice to let State Of Affairs play at their recordrelease show. At the time of the show they didn't have the 7" out yet, but that never killed the fun I had that night. In return I asked them to play in Tilburg with The Effort, something they put off nicely.

Teenage Lust is no more. The last time I saw them live was opening up for The Hope Conspiracy in Antwerp. A great show yet I rather had seen them one last time in some small Belgian youth centre.

Teenage Lust 2007-2010



One last thing: if guitarplayer Flip Lust wants to do a hardcoreband combining sxe pride with morrissey-esque lyrics and Carry On riffs, he should get in contact with me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails