Monday, March 01, 2010

Floorpunch - february 14 - Haarlem - show



First of all excuse me for the lack of recent updates but being the editor in chief of Punt is taking more time than I expected. Enough apologies time to start typing.

It's not everyday you get into a van with three other edgers who are in their thirties. The ride from Tilburg to Haarlem with the Reflections van was excellent. It was good catching up with Johnny Forward, Emile State Of Mind and Johan Reflections.

The last time I was in Haarlem was to see a Youth Of Today reunion. Since then the venue was restyled and we were allowed to park the van inside the venue and set up the Reflectionstables near the bar.

Young dutch band 21 Gun Salute opened up the show with their hybrid of modern hardcore. Not really my kind of music but they pull it off pretty well. I didn't see Frightening Fiction because a lot of people attending the show were guys I didn't see for seven, eight years. You know the kind of older generation hardcore kids who now have kids and a steady job.

Belgiums finest True Colors played a good set and warmed up the crowd for Floorpunch.

After witnessing the mayhem at the Floorpunch merch table and considering to buy a double lp discography for 25 euros, just to put it on ebay, myself it was time for the New Jersey heavyweights to play the classics.

Back in 98 the four times I saw Floorpunch they weren't an impressive band to see on stage. Well nothing has changed in 2010. The band is still kind of sloppy. They stand and do their thing. Some kids were really into it, whereas I thought the show was good because of the people attending and not so much because of a glorious return of Floorpunch on stage.



Pics by Paco Weekenstroo
and here is some video footage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet that standing is pretty much everything that Porter is able to do but I still enjoyed their show in Jönköping a hell of a lot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails