Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Static Radio NJ - An Evening Of Bad Decisions



There were three bands I really looked forward to seeing on this years Groezrock festival. H20, because they are always a great band to see live, unfortunately they cancelled. True Colors, I was curious how they would hold up on a very large festival stage. (Which they managed impressively. It was like seeing Youth Of Today. Tons of singalongs, moshing and stagedives). And last but not least Static Radio NJ.

I already heard good things about that band and the tracks on their myspace were awesome. So I was bummed when they also had to cancel their tour. Little did I know that at Groezrock I would meet Phil who runs the Black Numbers, the label Static Radio NJ is on. (And also the label who put out the Purpose discography but more on that in a later blogpost).

Phil also had a couple of Static Radio NJ - An Evening Of Bad Decisions with him. So I didn't hesitate and picked one up. If I can't see the band I damn well will listen to their songs at home.

Good decision making there.

Sorry early Saves The Day, Shook Ones, Set Your Goals and tons of other bands. You might have been compared to Lifetime once, but that was just other bogus because of a lack of a really worthy band to fill in that void.

People we now have that band. Static Radio NJ combines later day 'Jersey's Best Dancers' melody with the earlier Lifetime stuff and sounds more like Lifetime than the band itself on their self titled reunion record.

Sure there are now songs about dancing with flowers in an SSD shirt. But Static Radio NJ brings the same kind of emotions and heartfelt songs without coming off as another emopop band.

I sure hope the band will make it over to Europe soon, for real.

Myspace: Static Radio NJ

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails