Monday, April 06, 2009

Favourite Carry On records (according to Twitter)



Once again I used Twitter to come up with some sort of list of favourite Carry On records. Now this question was kind of hard on some people as not everyone seems to know exactly what Carry On has released.

1. A Life Less Plagued (2001, Bridge 9 Records) The most favourite record for a majority of people on Twitter. Also the record that put the band on the worldwide hardcore map. Though I love most of the songs on this one and admire the transition that Carry On made in their song and lyricwriting it's not my favourite record. I miss the positivism and youth crew sound of their earlier records.

2. Roll With The Punches (2000, Teamwork Records) Teamwork was known for putting out classics like Floorpunch and Atari. This Carry On record was another 'hit'. It's aggresive and straight edge. And easily one of the best 7" to come out after the youth crew revival. Cause the thing with Carry On is, they just missed that boat. Another thing about this record is the 'Fuck Your Politics' song and the flyer that came with it. At the time the hardcore scene was way more pc than now and Carry On made the daring stance to say they we're there for the fun, not for the debates. They were a bunch of guys who like hardcore, nothing more.

3. The Line Is Drawn (1999, Youngblood Records) My personal favourite. When I first heard it, I was blown away. To me Carry On were the new Insted. The same positive, Californian vibe. The artwork is awesome with all the live pics. I still regret selling the shirt that I ordered with the record.



A lot of people mentioned It's All Our Blood (2001) which is a collection of the Roll With The Punches and The Line Is Drawn 7" so I left those unaccounted for.

Not surprisingly no one mentioned the first Carry On record: Stabbed In The Face (1998) which is a very bad record from a band still finding it's sound.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Sigh...I need more Carry On vinyl. All I have is A Life Less Plagued...and then the CD from Youngblood. Such a great band.

xroldx said...

Wow I can't believe there's a band I actually have more vinyl from then you. I have all three 7", and A Life Less Plagued on vinyl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails