Friday, March 06, 2009

Common Cause - The Power Change




I know this record is out for a while. Still I wasn't able to get it until I was at the TeenagexLust release show last weekend. Damn did I miss out on something. 'The Power To Change' is right up there with the releases of The First Step and True Colors.
Just awesome, inspiring, generic youth crew to singalong with and do some dancing on. Don't expect posthardcore influences, hatebreed mosh or gaslight anthem rock. Just classic '88 style hardcore. Something that isn't played too often anymore nowadays. Fans of the genre pick this up cause WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE!

Oh did I say the band features exmembers of Eyeball, Damage Control, Sportswear and Onward?

Myspace: Common Cause

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

totally love this record!

xroldx said...

Yeah it's everything I like in hardcore

good lyrics, good message, good tunes

Mike said...

This album is so good. Still waiting for my vinyl copy to arrive from Six Feet Under Records...

xroldx said...

I didn't even know they released it on Six Feet Under. I have the tourversion on Powered, 250 made.

The band is supposed to tour with On in Europe, definately want to catch one of those shows.

Mike said...

Yeah, Six Feet Under had some of the tour version on Powered in their webstore so I grabbed it from them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails