Thursday, November 20, 2008

Verse, I Rise, xAnchorx, State of Affairs @ Innocent, Hengelo



Sometimes talking to another person for only 15 minutes can be so inspiring. I feel that way after talking with Sean Murphy from Verse yesterday. You can read all about it soon on this blog.


xAnchorx, nov 19-08, Hengelo
Originally uploaded by xroldx
But I want to take this moment to let you all know how awesome xAnchorx is. I saw them last night when they played after us and they rocked.

I've seen Refused Songs to Fan the Flames of Discontent-era and yesterday was a somewhat similar experience, a band that rocked with so much passion it's hard not to get enthused.


I didn't see I Rise and Verse unfortunately because Asice wanted to do a State of Affairs interview and I had the interview with Sean Murphy. When that was finished I headed to my car for the lonely 2 hours drive back home. And work early this morning eventually.

Our show did go very well I think. People said it was tight and aggressive and they were positively surprised by us. Which is always a good thing to hear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sean is such a nice guy.
actually i wanted to go to this show too, but i had to get up way too early today :-(

xroldx said...

too bad you didn't come you could have seen the almighty state of affairs as well betty ;-)

Sean is a great guy who has a lot to say, next tattoo will definitely be the Verse logo

and about getting up early, yesterday my son wanted to play with his duplo so I was downstairs with him at 5.30 am, then the show in Hengelo which is two hours away from Tilburg, you might understand why I'm a bit slow today.

Anonymous said...

Hey! can u post the setlists? I'm going to see them live in Warsaw --> www.verse.54.pl

xroldx said...

sorry I didn't see everything from all bands. I do know Verse only played one song off their first record though.

Have a great time in Warsaw, it's a package with three of the best bands around today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails