Monday, September 15, 2008

Paint It Black replaces singer

So I was looking forward to seeing Paint It Black again for a long time. You bet I was dissapointed past friday when I found out Dan Yemin wouldn't be singing.
Apparently Paint It Blacks guitarplayer was so smart to wash his passport and wasn't allowed to leave the country. So Dan had to play guitar and this dutch guy Nico (from the Hunger) was found to do the vocals, the new unit only had time for one rehearsel. Still Nico did a pretty good job, considering how difficult the lyrics and songlines of Paint It Black are. Nico also went with the band to Sweden to do another show, the guitarplayer however should be in Europe right now, getting back on tour, which means Dan will be back on the mic. I hope to see that myself when they visit my hometown next week.


You can read Dan Yemin's account of what happened here.


Oh besides Paint It Black, Trash Talk played as well. I've never seen that band before but damn they blow everything away. Somehow it reminded me of the first time American Nightmare played in Europe. Citizens Patrol was also on the bill and did a great job as ever. Our own set didn't go as good as I think we can be. It was sloppy but people seemed to like it fair enough.


Click here for more pictures of this show.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails