Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Still Here, Sincere


I've gotta be honest. Despite the fact that I really like the new H20 record, I was however somewhat afraid their liveshows wouldn't be as good as say 7 years ago.
Boy I was wrong. The band played one of the best gigs I've ever seen them play starting with '1995' from the new record but also playing 'hits' like 'Empty Pockets', 'Universal Language', 'Faster Than The World' and 'Guilty By Association'. Highlights for me where the new songs 'Whatever Happened' and ofcourse 'Still Here'. I don't recall grabbing the mic off a singer so furiously the past years as I did now. I just had too scream a long. In fact I don't recall spending so much time upfront and singing along the past years as I did this time. The band absolutely had fun on stage and played tight.

Picking up an H20 shirt with the big X-ed up Youth of Today on the back was a plus as well as catching up with Toby and talking about being hardcore dads.

If you have the chance go out and see this band, they're better than ever and still positive as hell.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails