Friday, February 04, 2011

Fire At Will - Hoping For The Best... Expecting The Worst cd


After the more than good Together ep from I For Us Records, the label dropped another release in my mailbox. Looking at the artwork I expected one of those modern deathcore bands. You know the ones with flashy shirts, black hair and too small pants?

When reading that Fire At Will is from France my expectations for another solid release were even smaller. I still have to discover the first real good hardcore band from France.

Well in the end the first part of the title of this record is fortunately more true than the second part. Fire At Will aren't a terrible deathcore band with French accents. They're a modern Comeback Kid-esque band with some punk influences.. and French accents.

Fire At Will isn't a bad band, but the songs aren't above average either. Plus I got pretty tired of the whole production of the record. It sounds too clean and polished for my taste.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails