Friday, April 14, 2006

Cheers!!!

Just a quick word from the UK. So far everything has been great both the Birmingham as the Bolton show were awesome. At the Birmingham show we met some of the nicest people I've met so far, we got to stay at their place and the other Heartfelt members partied along till late while I was being the responsible one, sleeping early. Apparently I missed out on drunken people singing along to the Vandals. I do know that when I woke up this morning I found three guys lying together in the same bed.
Right now I'm typing this in a rehearsel space where we're gonna stay for the night. It never seizes to amaze me that unknown people are kind enough to get you show, get you food and offer you a place to stay. The amount of work that these people put into keeping the scene alive is very much underrated I guess.
We've been doing some of our newer songs on these UK shows and they're coming along pretty damn well.
Today we also had some time to go into Birmingham which means everyone bought records and I got my hands on some books. Pictures and recommandations on great current UK bands will come soon. Now I'm going to finish my book, catch some sleep and get ready for the Sheffield show tomorrow.

Soundtrack:

The Clash - From here to eternity
Bob Dylan - Blood on the tracks
Buzzcocks - Singles going steady
Paint It Black - Paradise
Bouncing Souls - How I spent my summer vacation

1 comment:

Unknown said...

veel plezier daarzo jongen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails